Monday, April 2, 2012

It's been over a month since I've written... I feel ashamed. I shall try to not let you, my readers, down so much in the future.

So, if I'm to be documenting apocalyptic-warning events, I should take in consideration the month of March. March 1 (Thursday, Ethan's birthday), we had a snowstorm. It literally did not stop snowing all day. Winter had finally hit us, full-blown. It was pretty muchly cold for the next week or so following that. But right after Spring Break, on March 18 (Sunday), summer hit us. It hit seventy-five here. And that following week, it was in the seventies, sometimes hitting eighty. The very next week, though, it was cold again. Back to thirties and twenties. It even snowed this past weekend.

It went from winter to summer and everything in-between in just one month. Bipolar much, Mother Nature? I think so.

Well, now that I'm thinking about the past month, that's the only thing really significant that I can think of. Kinda depressing, 'cause I know it wasn't a boring month... Hm...

Not sure. But I did have a really strange dream the other night. Not strange in the same kind of way that a dream about fucking your mother would be. (A friend of mine had a dream like that once.) No, it's strange because it was like a movie, formatted in a way that I've never quite dreamed about before. Lemme see if I can remember it...



It started with my parents and I on a vacation of sorts. We were wandering around this museum in a hospital displaying the coats and pelts of various animals. (I'm pretty sure it was in a hospital, but it's really a moot point.) Ancient bears, tigers, lions, and the such. And there were skins of like mammoths and elephants, too. But the animals were all ancient, like from a thousand years ago.

There were also coats and jackets on display for sale, too. There was something weird about these coats, but I can't remember what. They were like attached to something or something like that... They were thick winter jackets, though. Built for Arctic conditions. I guess there were other things for sale, 'cause my mom had a camera picked out that she wanted to buy.

So in another part of this museum was a raised (above-ground) stone pool, rectangular in shape. The room had the feel of an ancient Arctic tomb or something. It had very high ceilings, but it was very clean. Like, no dust or cobwebs or bones anywhere. It was a part of the museum that was built that way, I think. But it had a very pale blue-grey tint to it. And I'm pretty sure the air was frozen, but it didn't seem to affect (effect?) us.

Anyways, so my dad decides to do laps around this pool. I'm not sure why, but when I entered the room, he was just swimming around the perimeter of the pool, kinda like a frog, I guess. My mom and I were going to join him, and she was wondering if she should bring her camera 'cause it was water-proof. My dad was like, "No, the other people don't seem to have things with them. You haven't bought it yet, so I wouldn't." The thing is, it was just my parents and I in this room. I'm not sure if my dream-self realized this or not. I think I just brushed it off.

Well, I had these goggles with me, and I put them on as I was swimming. And it was then that I saw that the pool extended under the stone platform that you stood on to get into the pool (the deck, if you will). And in this covered part were numerous dead bodies, fully whole. They were frozen, but no parts of them had decayed. Their clothes (jackets) were still on them. They were definitely old, though. As in, they didn't die recently since the museum was built. They might have even been as old as the animals they were displaying on the other side of the museum (about a thousand years old).

At this point, the bodies starting floating out into the main part of the pool (though they were still submerged). If you've ever seen The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, it reminds me of the Dead Marshes that Gollum lead Frodo and Sam through, where the bodies were just there.

So, the dream just skips to another part. (You dream in four stages, and only dream in the last one. Every twenty minutes, you go through all four stages. So you only dream for a few minutes every twenty. That's why your dreams seem to skip around sometimes. I'm assuming that's what happened here.) Now, the focus of the dream is this young girl (probably young adult) who is, I guess, fighting these bodies (who have become undead zombies of sorts). She was talking to some old wise man, saying that she was waiting for her companion to join her so they could fight the undead together. It was a very tense moment.

The room they were in was like a huge round hall, something like from an ancient university library or something. Some place where you'd probably study arcane. There were pillars around, a door (behind which were stairs) near where the girl and man stood, and on the other side of the huge room was a large arch, probably going out to the other parts of the college.

Anyways, the companion she was waiting for wasn't human, it was like a blue fuzzy thing (but there was no humor in the dream at all, don't take it the wrong way). The dream flashed to the companion coming up a set of stairs, and the back with the girl, you could hear footsteps coming up the set of stairs behind a door near her. It was obvious that she and the wise man were assuming the footsteps belonged to the companion, but the audience (me) knew that it was the undead. They break through the door, and I guess they attacked the girl and man, 'cause then the dream focuses on the companion bursting through the door at the top of his stairs. The room the companion entered and the room that the girl and man were in weren't the same, though. I'm not sure what else happened in this part, 'cause the dream changed focuses again.

Now, the girl is standing in the center of a rune circle on the roof of a wide wall (like the walls the go around a keep, or probably the college she was in before). The wise man was a huge, ethereal, ghostly being floating beside her. But the girl has her hands pressed to her head, trying to keep her memories out. "There are certain parts of my mind that should be kept repressed," or something was what she said. I think I was there, standing next to her. I was definitely standing next to someone else, too, but I don't know who it was. It could have been one of my friends or parents, by the way the feel of it was. (You know how you can't tell who exactly a person in your dream is, but you can tell it's just a generic friend, like all your friends combined into one person?) Then, the dream quickly flashed to the pool with the bodies floating in it, then quickly to the scene where the undead were bursting through the door in the university library.



It was at that point I woke up. Just got right up and went to the bathroom. It was after my appointment Friday (I had an appointment at Albany Med to change the tube in my stomach), and I had fallen asleep on the couch. Now that I think about it, it was like a combination of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (the exploration of ancient Nord ruins and the draugrs inside), the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (that part about the Dead Marsh I explained before), and Tomb Raider: Underworld (the part where you're adventuring past the swinging hammers to retrieve Mjolnir). It was a very fucked up dream, and it really left me shaken up. It's like nothing I've ever dreamed about... And it probably won't leave me for a while.