You know, I've taken things for granted.
I have two parents that love me. That care about me. That make sure I went to bed with food in my stomach. That made sure I had something to do as a child. That made sure I was okay each and every day.
Sometimes, I don't realize that not everyone has that. Some people only have one parent, but some have none.
Sometimes, I can't comprehend what that would be like.
But what I can comprehend is that as fucked up as my life has been, as hard as it's been, I've never been physically or otherwise abused. I've never been neglected. I've never gone to bed hungry, unless I threw a fit and refused to eat dinner because I was a selfish brat. I didn't have to pick food and freeze it, as a child, just to make sure I wouldn't go hungry in the winter.
I had someone there for me at all times. And as much as I feel like they were the worst parents ever and that I hated them, I have to remember that they're only human. And maybe they didn't know what to do, because they weren't shown how to be a parent as a child.
I need to understand that I could have had it so much worse growing up.
It doesn't lessen what I've been through.
But I know that it's not as bad as it may sometimes seem.