Sunday, January 26, 2014

A really strange, but emotional dream last night.

A different kind of sadness than the previous dream. This was more about losing a parent.

My parents were getting a divorce, and I guess during the process (or between the separation and then the actual filing of/court date for the divorce, I'm not sure), my mom got pregnant. Maybe that was the cause of the divorce? I don't know. It wasn't really a big part of the dream, though. Just a random fact.

But once my parents were officially divorced, I wasn't allowed to see my father. I guess, because I was standing next to my mother at the time, I was ruled on her side, and neither of us could associate with my dad anymore. Somehow, it was the rule? I wasn't really on my mom's side. But my dad didn't fight it. There was no mention of whether he was okay with the ruling or not, but he didn't fight it. I was an absolute mess. I was screaming at the judge, I was screaming at my dad, but no one cared. Then I went to my friend's house, but it was like falling apart because we were in some kind of apocalyptic event? And we—my mom, dad, and I—had to climb to the top of a building, and I made the comment that I wasn't the one who got pregnant with another man or something. That's the only reason I know that my mom was pregnant. I was furious at this point, because I wasn't supposed to be associating with my dad anymore. But it was never really put into effect, because we had to climb to the top of a building to stay safe almost immediately after the divorce.

I don't know. It was really strange. But I can't shake the feeling from the dream. It's really hard to explain. I know I'm hardly explaining the dream fully, but I can't remember a lot of it, and I can't put into words what really happened.

I would pay millions of dollars for a device or machine or something that could "print" or "develop" dreams and put it on a screen. Or something. That way I could watch what really happened, and maybe try and make some sense of it.

Do I put too much thought into dreams? Why do they impact me so much and stay with me for so long? Why, oh why?