Oh, and days like today make me remember why Rin has been my best friend for ten years. She talked to Ethan while at work.
"Would you please talk to her? I have nothing against you, but I'm really sick of hearing your name."
He simply nodded. So I guess he understands that I need to talk to him. Haha, I love that crazy girl. And she got me dinner, too, 'cause she knew I wouldn't get it myself. Ethan works at the cafeteria, and no way was I going in there alone. And she knew that was coming, so she got me some dinner before she left. Yeah, it's the small things that count. And I suppose they add up to enough that equals my best friend.
Now that's not saying that Sammy and McKayla aren't my best friends, too. 'Cause they are. Sammy's always there for me. She's just a text or a post away. We have a blog we share together. We're on it almost every day, talking to each other. Ranting and raving, and role-playing! She's been a big help through a lot of things, and I'll never forget that. And McKayla... I talk to her on the phone every time something comes up. The Chad thing. The Hanna-Matt thing. The Rin thing. The Ethan B thing. The Ethan C thing. The Victor thing. The Timothy thing. The James thing. Yeah, she's always there.
My best friends know more about me than probably I do. And I love it. Those three girlies are my world. My best friends. They've pulled through with me for years now. And it means more than anything to me. Rin, for the past ten years. McKayla, for the past five or six years. And Sammy, for the past four or five. Yeah, that's way too long to deal with my craziness and moodiness. But they've done it. Is there an award for that? 'Cause they deserve one. I'll give them the next best thing: my love in return. They know I'm always there for them. It's a fact they can always count on. Yeah, I love friendships. I hope you guys do, too. If you don't have a best friend, make one. Be a friend to someone. When you actually realize that your life is taken care of by your best friends without even having to ask, it's the most amazing feeling.